This year marks the 10th anniversary of the biggest round of EU enlargement, with the unprecedented accession of ten countries. Today, the EU perspective is open to Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Iceland, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey. In this context, the competition will allow young people (aged 15–25) to share their views on:
– What can today’s European Union of 28 Member States learn from its past to help improve its future?
– What does an enlarged European Union mean to you?
Participants are invited to write an article (max. 700 words) or up to three blog posts (max. 700 words altogether). The competition will be open until 11 May 2014.
National juries will select one entry from each age group (15–18 year olds and 19–25 year olds) for further evaluation by an international jury. The best entry in each category will be awarded the grand prize.
For the competition rules, please see the key links section.
Submitting your article
You can submit your entry in one of the following ways:
- By email: Send your entry as an attachment (Word Document or an OpenOffice Writer File) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post: Send your entry to:media consulta International Holding AG
Attn: Rachel Harding
- On Facebook: You can upload your entry by clicking on the writing competition button located at the top of the EU Enlargement Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/EUenlargement, which will lead you to the competition registration page. Please then follow the instructions provided to upload your entry as either a Word Document or an OpenOffice Writer File.
- Directly at this link.
The deadline for submissions is 11 May 2014 (electronic delivery or registered mail).
No entries will be returned to competition participants. If you send your entry by post, please be sure to keep a copy for yourself.